As we continue to navigate this uncharted territory with the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), I would like to share with you additional measures taken by The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast to help protect my guests.
Using recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), I have increased our cleaning with deeper, more frequent cleaning in high touched areas, such as door knobs, hand rails, alarm clocks, remote controls, and light switches. In order to facilitate deep-cleaning between guests stays, many purely decorative items (comforters, decorative pillows, throws, etc) have been temporarily removed from guest rooms and common areas. Therefore, the pictures shown on the website will differ somewhat from the actual decorative touches provided in the guest rooms during the pandemic.
Drinking glasses have been replaced with single wrap plastic cups. Amenities have been removed and are available for pick-up at check-in. These include soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, cutting board, cheese knife, cork screw. Each room has been supplied with Clorox Disinfectant wipes, antibacterial hand soap, and single use Kleenex towels.
The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast reserves the right to ask any guest to leave the property if that guest or someone in their traveling party is acting in an unsafe manner toward another guest or behaves in a manner which creates an unsafe environment for nay or all of my guests.
What We ask YOU to do:
First and foremost, if you are feeling sick, or if you have reason to believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home.
1. Each guest will be asked for a copy of their Driver’s License.
2. Any guest (s) not from Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont will be asked for a signed document attesting that all the person(s) staying at The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast remained at a home for at least 14 days before arriving. Only going out for essential items and when outside of the home maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks when less than 6 feet of another person during this 14 day “quarantine”.
3. Guest (s) will asked the following questions at check-in and a copy will kept with their record.
a. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19? A
b. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
c. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
d. Have you had changes in your sense of taste or smell?
4. If you answered yes to any of these questions, please do not put myself or other guests at risk and come back another day when you feel better. Any deposit will be returned.
5. Social distancing is required. Masks are required by employees when within 6 feet of someone else, recommended for guests.
6. Interior Common areas are closed, and no congregating except for access to rooms and check-in.