The Admiral Peary Inn Policies
The policies of the Admiral Peary Inn are in place to ensure the safety, well-being and comfort of all guests, be they two or four-legged. Your cooperation in adhering to the following policies is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admiral Peary Inn Guest Policies
- Check In time: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Please let me know if you are going to be later than 9:00 PM)
- Check Out Time: Anytime before 11:00 AM
- Late check-out, depending on availability, may be arranged for $25 per hour.
- The Admiral Peary Inn is 100% Smoke-Free.
- Smokers may use the back lower deck or smoke out in the yard. Guests who disregard this policy and smoke in their rooms can expect to be charged a cleaning fee of $500.00 and will be asked to leave immediately. This is non-negotiable.
- Pawsitively dog-friendly Inn (see dog policy below)
- All rates are double occupancy. Additional guests in a room are $25 per person, per night (rollaway bed available). Maximum occupancy rules apply.
- Families with well-behaved children are always welcome. However, cribs and highchairs ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
- In the event of a cancellation, a $25 cancellation charge PER ROOM RESERVED up to 14 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellations received within the14-day window will be charged $50 PER ROOM RESERVED.
- Unfortunately, in the event that we do not receive notice of your cancellation, your account will be charged the full amount of your stay.
Rules Inside "The Admiral Peary Inn Bed and Bark"
Immunization: All canine guests are required to be current with their shots including DHLLP-Parvo, rabies vaccinations and Bordatella. Titers reports are also acceptable.
- All breeds and sizes welcome.
- Be sure to bring BYODS: Bring your own dog stuff. Food, pet's favorite toys, blanket, leash, etc.
- All dogs are permitted in ALL guestrooms and the great room. There is a $25.00 charge for pets in the room. The innkeeper reserves the right to full reimbursement for any deep cleaning or damage caused by canine guests or their owners. Canine guests are not allowed in the kitchen or dining areas during mealtime. Canine guests are not to be left alone in guestrooms unless kenneled.
- Guests must utilize all measures to prevent their dogs from loud, frequent, habitual barking, howling, crying, or yelping. Your contact information will be required if the dog is left kenneled and you must return to tend to them immediately if they are disturbing other guests.
- All guests are expected to pick up after their dogs, no exceptions. The Admiral Peary Inn prides itself on being clean, safe and enjoyable for all guests.
- Whoops! Accidents happen. If a canine guest has an accident in the Inn, please let the innkeeper know so the stain can be treated appropriately.
- Overnight options for canine guests: Of course Doggie Guests are welcome to stay in our guestrooms. We recommend bringing your own crate or dog bed that will make your dog feel more comfortable. Gizmo and Daisy (resident dogs) and I want to ensure our doggie guests have an enjoyable sleep over.
- All of canine guests are expected not to be aggressive toward other Doggie Guests or their owners. The innkeeper has the right to refuse occupancy to any uncontrolled dog.
- There is one cat who probably won’t care if you are here or not. PLEASE do not allow the cat out no matter what the cat says to you.
Even though we have an African inspired suite we don’t have any accommodations for feline or pachyderm friends.
As we continue to navigate this uncharted territory with the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), I would like to share with you additional measures taken by The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast to help protect my guests. Using recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), I have increased our cleaning with deeper, more frequent cleaning in high touched areas, such as door knobs, hand rails, alarm clocks, remote controls, and light switches. In order to facilitate deep-cleaning between guests stays, many purely decorative items (comforters, decorative pillows, throws, etc) have been temporarily removed from guest rooms and common areas. Therefore, the pictures shown on the website will differ somewhat from the actual decorative touches provided in the guest rooms during the pandemic. Drinking glasses have been replaced with single wrap plastic cups. Amenities have been removed and are available for pick-up at check-in. These include soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, cutting board, cheese knife, cork screw. Each room has been supplied with Clorox Disinfectant wipes, antibacterial hand soap, and single use Kleenex towels. The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast reserves the right to ask any guest to leave the property if that guest or someone in their traveling party is acting in an unsafe manner toward another guest or behaves in a manner which creates an unsafe environment for nay or all of my guests. What We ask YOU to do: First and foremost, if you are feeling sick, or if you have reason to believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home. 1. Each guest will be asked for a copy of their Driver’s License. 2. Any guest (s) not from Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont will be asked for a signed document attesting that all the person(s) staying at The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast remained at a home for at least 14 days before arriving. Only going out for essential items and when outside of the home maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks when less than 6 feet of another person during this 14 day “quarantine”. 3. Guest (s) will asked the following questions at check-in and a copy will kept with their record. a. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19? A b. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat? c. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours? d. Have you had changes in your sense of taste or smell? 4. If you answered yes to any of these questions, please do not put myself or other guests at risk and come back another day when you feel better. Any deposit will be returned. 5. Social distancing is required. Masks are required by employees when within 6 feet of someone else, recommended for guests. 6. Interior Common areas are closed, and no congregating except for access to rooms and check-in.